Happy Nerdy New Year!
2016 was a big year for Nerdologists — specifically, our first full year online! We’re planning a lot for year two (which Peder has talked about recently on Facebook and Twitter), and we can’t wait to get started. But first, a little retrospective review!
In 2016, we:
- Made it to episode 50 on Dungeons & Flagons
- Started doing book and TV show reviews
- Started the “Have You Heard Of…” series
- Went to CONvergence together for the second year in a row and did our most epic cosplay to date
- Had our first AcadeCon experience
- Tried NaNoWriMo again (and didn’t win…maybe next time!)
- Tried out TONS of new board games
And even more! I’ll let Peder talk more about some of the things he started up this year, but as you can see, we’ve been a busy couple of nerds. And we have even more in the pipeline for this year! Beyond the new movies and games coming out this year that we’re already stoked to write about (Star Wars and Marvel and Netflix, oh my!), we’ve both started some new things recently that we’re looking forward to diving into even more in 2017.
And along with these new things comes a bunch of nerdy new years’ resolutions (the best kind, obvs, and probably the easiest to stick with). Here are a few of mine
- Hone my newly acquired amigurumi (crocheted plushie) skills
- Try my hand at selling my crafts and artwork at a convention, at a craft show, and/or online
- Make more stuff!
- Finally finish Skyward Sword and start playing Dragon Age
- Try out more low-key (Loki? Nah, not this time) cosplay this year
- Read through more of the books I’ve been meaning to get to for a long time
- Go to more movies
- Step outside my comfort zone and GM a Cold Steel Wardens session (even if it’s just a one-shot)
- Have a couple of movie and/or TV show marathons
- Play another legacy board game after we’re through with Pandemic (and more new board games in general!)
- Continue our biweekly game nights at Insight Brewery
So there you have it! Like I said, we’ve got a busy year ahead of us, but I can’t wait to get going. These are just a few of the things I hope to do in the new year (and now that they’re documented, I guess I’m going to have to stick to them!) — what are you hoping to accomplish in 2017? Do you have your own list of nerdy resolutions? We hope you’ll tell us about them in the comments!
And we especially hope you’ll stick around and join us for our nerdy shenanigans this year. Best wishes to you all for a fantastic and geeky 2017!
Share questions, ideas for articles, or comments with us!
Email us at email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter at @NerdologistCast
Message me directly on Twitter at @Kefka73
Visit us on Facebook here.